edMatch is a local, grassroots organization that challenges corporations and private philanthropists to “match” funds raised in San Francisco’s public schools, then distributes the matching funds to all the City’s 112 schools on a per-student basis.
- Alleviate budget shortfalls at individual school sites
- Act as an incentive for greater parent involvement and fundraising
- Jumpstart innovation by helping each school work toward their strategic objectives
edMatch is unique because it provides financial relief to every public school, and reaches every public school student in the City. We expect the program will build unprecedented collaboration and sense of community among the schools and the City’s education stakeholders.
- Through edMatch, the community will have a direct impact on improving public schools in a simple, streamlined way.
- The schools will have more money to invest in programs that are important to their individual community and that will directly affect learning.
- Parent involvement – a crucial component to a successful school – will increase as a result of new control at the local level.
- Finally, our students will be prepared to meet the demands of a 21st century workforce.